Sunday, November 15, 2009

LadyBug, LadyBug

Each year the kids become divided on loving the LadyBug. They, the bugs, invade our home each fall to hibernate. LadyBugs are everywhere! Dive bombing us while cooking, in the bathroom, during school even. The nerve of these cute little critters. Some of the kids are totally grossed out and others find that each little bug is a "lucky" sign and lovingly put the little red creepy-crawly back into the cluster of sleeping bugs. I don't mind them and I know that Spring will come and we can usher the little red bugs out to the garden.

Do you remember the little ditty regarding the ladybug?

LadyBug, LadyBug fly away home.
Your house is on fire and children are all gone.
All except one, and that's little Anne.
She's hiding under the frying pan!

I never did really understand this poem. But recently we had not one but TWO fires! The first one was electrical. The connection of the cord and the control panel on our oven was loose and shorted out. It resulted in a new oven for Biscuit and me!

The new stove/oven is quite different from the old, though still electric, it is a glass top and has some really neat features! We both like our new stove. I put on a water kettle for some tea and turned on the burner. After a few minutes, the stovetop was all smoke! Biscuit hollered to me and I came running! Another fire! This time the culprit was a little Red potholder hiding under a pan that I had left on the stove.

The fire was not serious and everyone was safe, thank's to the quick reaction of my darling daughter, Biscuit!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I've come back from the twilight zone after the whole MIL incident. I'm slowly catching up.

    A glass top stove??? I SO want one of those. What's your opinion now that you've gone through major holidays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your opinion on the glass top stove, that is.

    ReplyDelete