Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hey Mikey, sHe Likes It!

Our Little Ladies are fully moved in to the Palace! Dear Hubby loves to go out to the palace and play with "his" ladies. He clucks and talks sweet and tickles them on the belly! They are happy, the kids are happy, Dear Hubby is happy, and NOW I am also happy!

We built a terrific little "interem" brooder from PVC and screen. It worked okay, but I need to make some modifications for next year. The duct tape pulled away from the screen, but the idea was not a bad one. The whole kit-n-kaboodle cost $46.00. I was shooting for $0.00, but the free cardboard fell apart when the waterer fell over!



They have a lovely roost made from sticks and a new bank of nesting boxes!






Our Ladies also have live-in guests! An Eastern Phoebe had made a nest on the I-beam of the chicken house and is currently tending at least three babies. There were four eggs, but we have not been able to determine the last one's status.




So, I plan to paint the hen house (outside) and jazz it up. But what I am missing is a name for our home. I have several ideas, but am not decided. Hen Haven, Poultry Palace, Chicken Chateau, Hen Harem, or something referring to Eggs. Please comment on any ideas you might have! I'll consider most anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment